First Housing Aid & Support Services provide accommodation, support and advice to people who are homeless or in acute housing need.
First Housing Aid & Support Services (FHASS) is a charitable organisation offering advice, support and accommodation to people who are homeless and in acute housing need. We have been operating since 1989 responding to rising levels of homelessness and housing disadvantage among families and single people in Northern Ireland. We have developed a wide range of innovative projects and services to assist people who are homeless or who are at risk of homelessness.
Our services comprise:
Temporary accommodation and specialised housing projects for single person households and families who are homeless.
· Supported housing in the community for people living with mental health illnesses.
· Specialist accommodation projects for young people leaving care, young parents and people who are sleeping rough.
· Early years programme for children 0-5 years living in interim accommodation and the surrounding communities.
· Outreach services for people with chronic alcohol related issues.
· Specialist accommodation for young people from care and non care background
· Resettlement and floating support services for young people and those with mental health illnesses.
· Private sector housing and ’Smart Move’ Rent Bond Guarantee Schemes for people requiring immediate and permanent housing.
· Mediation and tenancy support services for tenants living in the private rented sector.
· Property management and landlord support services.
· Housing rights, and needs assessment services.
· Training and employment initiatives for residents and service users.