The Oak Healthy Living Centre was developed in response to the health inequalities evident within the area.
We provide the following:
- Information, advice and referral services which allow people to make positive decisions about their health.
- Access to education programmes including accredited and non accredited courses.
- Developing self help activity, which improves the physical health and mental well being of people and contributes to a healthier community.
- Six priority topics have been identified and these provide the basis for our work:
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity
- Life Skills
- Alcohol and Drug misuse
- Mental Health and Social well being