These resources have advice for anyone working or volunteering with local communities at this time.
Psychological first aid
Psychological first aid offers advice on helping someone in distress during and after a crisis like the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It involves paying attention to the person’s reactions, active listening and if relevant, practical assistance to help address immediate problems and basic needs.
This eLearning programme will help individuals and teams to help people with whom they are in contact both during and after the COVID-19 pandemic by:
- addressing basic needs and concerns and providing practical support
- connecting them to information, services and social supports
- offering comfort and helping them to feel calm
- reducing distress and fostering adaptive coping
- protecting them from further harm
Supporting wellbeing needs of HSC staff, GPs and independent care providers
Health and Social Care staff and volunteers like everyone else need to look after their own physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
A new framework has been developed to guide leaders and managers of services to respond positively to the demands being placed on their staff. The framework captures the great initiatives that are already being taken by Trusts and other service providers and builds on them.
There is range of health and wellbeing resources and services to support HSC staff, leaders and managers at this time, click here for more information.
Mindset – Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Awareness Programme
The Mindset programme from Action Mental Health is now being delivered online. The programme is open to youth and community groups across the Northern, Western, Belfast and South Eastern Trust areas for groups of 6 to 12 people.
The aims of the programme are:
- Raise awareness and increase knowledge and understanding of Mental and Emotional Health and Well-being
- Raise awareness of signs and symptoms of mental ill health
- Promote self-help/resilience techniques and how to maintain a safe level of positive mental and emotional health and well-being
- Promote self-care
- Information and/or resources on mental health support organisations available (locally and regionally)
For more information or to register your interest contact: [email protected] or telephone: 07740403724