Where to Walk & Talk in your local area
There are lots of places to Walk & Talk in the Belfast Area for more information:
- Visit Belfast City Councils Walking, orienteering and eco-trails page
- Belfast Healthy Cities East Belfast Green Health Map
- Belfast Healthy Cities West Belfast Green Health Map
If you want to discover routes outside Belfast WalkNI.com is a great online resource for walkers in Northern Ireland. It provides up-to-date information on walking routes with route descriptions and maps for over 200 short, medium and long-distance walks. WalkNI.com has been developed and is managed by Outdoor Recreation NI who also host the Green Spaces Map
Join an existing walking group
There are lots of walking groups across Belfast. Here is some that you might be interested in:
- U3A All Weather Walking Groups – Walking groups for older people, different options for different abilities.
- Belfast Hills Partnership – Regular events combining walking with talks on topics such as nature, archaeology and foraging.
- Walk Wednesdays, Connswater Community Greenway – A weekly 1.5hour walk along the Connsway Community Greenway in East Belfast. To find out more contact [email protected] or Phone 028 9045 1900
- Gentle Walks, Connswater Community Greenway – A slow-paced, flat walk lasting 45mins – 1hour, followed by tea on the first three Monday’s of every month. To find out more contact [email protected] or Phone 028 9045 1900
You’ll also be able to find out about other walking groups through:
- The Healthy Living Centre Alliance website www.hlcalliance.org
- Recovery Colleges – available in each Trust area
There are also a number of Walking for Health groups in Belfast. To find out about Walking for Health groups in Belfast contact Ben Hanvey [email protected] Or phone: 028 9504 3295
Walking for Health
If you want to Walk & Talk with more people and make it a regular activity in your local community or workplace, we would encourage you to attend Walk Leader Training.
Walking for Health is delivered by Health and Social Care Trusts across Northern Ireland and is supported by the Public Health Agency (PHA). All Walk Leaders are provided with training updates, networking opportunities, and advice and support on establishing, promoting and running a successful walking group. Insurance cover is also provided.
If you are interested in attending walk leader training and leading regular walks in Belfast contact Ben Hanvey, [email protected]